Code Templates
Maz Alf
2008-05-15 04:24:55 UTC
Is there any documentation on how to write Code Templates. I'm using D2006
and can't find anything that explains all the XML tags and values.

Thanks in Advance
Maz Alf
Bob Swart
2008-05-15 06:41:38 UTC
Hi Maz,
Post by Maz Alf
Is there any documentation on how to write Code Templates. I'm using D2006
and can't find anything that explains all the XML tags and values.
See http://www.bobswart.nl/weblog/Blog.aspx?RootId=5:285 for my blog
post that shows how to write a MessageDlg template. My Delphi 2006 and
2007 courseware manuals (available on Lulu.com) cover the topic of Live
Templates in more detail, including the use of the different tags.

See http://www.ebob42.com/papers/livetemplates/ If you can read Dutch

See also http://www.drbob42.com/examines/examinA0.htm for another
example of using Live Templates, in this case for producing special ///
comments.
Post by Maz Alf
Thanks in Advance
Maz Alf
Groetjes,
Bob Swart
CodeGear Technology Partner -- CodeGear RAD Studio Reseller (BeNeLux)
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
Maz Alf
2008-05-15 08:00:36 UTC
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the info. I do have a basic understanding and have created
several templates but now want to take it further.

I need the CodeGear manual documenting the complete syntax, parameters etc.
:-(

<SteamOn>

But I guess there isn't one. The whole "Where developer Matter" gets on my
nerve a lot.

Developers don't seem t matter when it comes to documentation. The
"internet" seems to be CodeGear's solution.

But even that is not working as good as in the past as more and more people
are moving away from Delphi as evidence by the number of good (in the past)
web sites what no longer get updated.

Without people like yourself Delphi would have died a few years back.

I don't really want to move to another platform but I fear Delphi will go
the way of the DoDo.

</SteamOn>

Regards,

Maz Alf
Thomas Mueller
2008-05-15 19:01:28 UTC
Post by Maz Alf
Is there any documentation on how to write Code Templates. I'm using
D2006 and can't find anything that explains all the XML tags and values.
See the Delphi Wiki:
http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Delphi_Live_Templates
http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Live_Templates_Technical_Info

MfG