Where is the description of all of the compiler options?
John Herbster
2008-05-29 23:52:36 UTC
Where is the description of all of the compiler options for Delphi 7?

Especially for those like
{$WARNINGS ON}
{$WARN IMPLICIT_IMPORT ON}
{$WARN HPPEMIT_IGNORED ON}
{$WARN NO_RETVAL ON}
{$WARN USE_BEFORE_DEF ON}
{$WARN FOR_LOOP_VAR_UNDEF ON}
{$WARN UNIT_NAME_MISMATCH ON}
{$WARN NO_CFG_FILE_FOUND ON}
{$WARN MESSAGE_DIRECTIVE ON}
{$WARN IMPLICIT_VARIANTS ON}
{$WARN UNICODE_TO_LOCALE ON}
... but also
{$A8,B-,C+,D+,E-,F-,G+,H+,I+,J+,K-,L+,M-,N+,O-,P+,Q+,R+,S-,T-,U-,V+,W-,X+,Y+,Z1}
{$MINSTACKSIZE $00004000}
{$MAXSTACKSIZE $00100000}
{$IMAGEBASE $00400000}
{$APPTYPE GUI}

TIA, JohnH
Pieter Zijlstra
2008-05-31 01:12:51 UTC
Post by John Herbster
Where is the description of all of the compiler options for Delphi 7?
Especially for those like
{$WARNINGS ON}
{$WARN IMPLICIT_IMPORT ON}
{$WARN HPPEMIT_IGNORED ON}
{$WARN NO_RETVAL ON}
{$WARN USE_BEFORE_DEF ON}
{$WARN FOR_LOOP_VAR_UNDEF ON}
{$WARN UNIT_NAME_MISMATCH ON}
{$WARN NO_CFG_FILE_FOUND ON}
{$WARN MESSAGE_DIRECTIVE ON}
{$WARN IMPLICIT_VARIANTS ON}
{$WARN UNICODE_TO_LOCALE ON}
... but also
{$A8,B-,C+,D+,E-,F-,G+,H+,I+,J+,K-,L+,M-,N+,O-,P+,Q+,R+,S-,T-,U-,V+,W-
,X+,Y+,Z1} {$MINSTACKSIZE $00004000}
{$MAXSTACKSIZE $00100000}
{$IMAGEBASE $00400000}
{$APPTYPE GUI}
Most of them (except for the $warn ones) are covered in the help file,
just go to the Index tab, type $-followed by what you're looking for.
Pieter
John Herbster
2008-05-31 01:34:11 UTC
Post by Pieter Zijlstra
Post by John Herbster
Where is the description of all of the compiler options for Delphi 7?
Most of them (except for the $warn ones) are covered in the help file,
just go to the Index tab, type $-followed by what you're looking for.
Pieter,

With my D7 installation, from the index tab, entering "$" brings up a list of 30 or 40 "topics" from "About string parameters" to "$WEAKEPACKAGEUNIT & DENY PACKAGEUNIT both specified". The topics include "Compiler directives", which tells about them as a group but not what each does.

Entering "$-" takes me only to the help page for "Currency and date/time formatting variables"

Thanks for trying, JohnH
Pieter Zijlstra
2008-05-31 01:56:43 UTC
Post by John Herbster
Post by Pieter Zijlstra
Most of them (except for the $warn ones) are covered in the help
file, just go to the Index tab, type $-followed by what you're
looking for.
Pieter,
With my D7 installation, from the index tab, entering "$" brings up a
list of 30 or 40 "topics" from "About string parameters" to
"$WEAKEPACKAGEUNIT & DENY PACKAGEUNIT both specified". The topics
include "Compiler directives", which tells about them as a group but
not what each does.
Hmm, in D7 it gives me about 80+ items. Just to be sure, since I'm
translating it from a Dutch Windows XP, "Index" is the second tab in
the "help-topics" window.

Here, I get:

&(dollar symbol)
$ compiler prefix
$A
$ALIGN
$APPTYPE
$WRITEABLECONST
$X
$Y
$YD
$Z
Pieter
John Herbster
2008-05-31 09:08:31 UTC
Post by Pieter Zijlstra
Hmm, in D7 it gives me about 80+ items. Just to be sure, since I'm
translating it from a Dutch Windows XP, "Index" is the second tab in
the "help-topics" window.
&(dollar symbol)
$ compiler prefix
$A
$ALIGN
$APPTYPE
Pieter,
Thanks! That looks like it ought to look. It may be my D7 installation
CD. My previous installation from this same CD was also created a
file with missing topics. Don't worry about it. Most of the file is there.
Rgds, JohnH