MS Help vs HLP
kemal
2008-03-07 17:25:05 UTC
Dear Documentators,

please turn to hlp or chm file system with full text support.
MS Help system is totally a bad choice.
its not fully documented.People cannot find %80 of their searchings.
We are familiar to goto word in editor and F1 to locate in miliseconds.

We hated press and waits MS Help system integrated for borland.
Wait wait and wait (10 secs ? 30secs ? ). and no result or wrong results.
while waiting help.we are going to get a coffee while waiting MS Help system
for delphi.

that would be perfect HLP files
Put a poll in main official form.
and see results if people wants MS Help system like VSnet or old delphi HLP
file system.

thanks in advice.
Simon Beesley
2008-03-08 15:50:33 UTC
Users have been complaining about D2007's help system from the day it was
released, but CodeGear have done nothing to improve it. There's something
very badly wrong with a company that ignores a major flaw in its product and
refuses to listen to its users.

It's not only incompetent, it's stupid. If the help system can't be speeded
up (and its structure revamped) -- i.e. because the latest Microsoft Help
system is intrinsically slow -- the company should at least acknowledge that
the problem exists. As it is, CodeGear seems to be operating on the
principle that if it continues to deny there is a problem (by remaining
silent), the problem will go away. But the reality is that every time a
D2007 user makes the mistake of pressing F1 he or she is reminded again that
D2007's help is unusable, experiences yet another twinge of irritation, and
starts to think about switching to another RAD system.

I would be surprised if CodeGear is still around a year from now.

Simon
thanks in advice.
SoulIntruder
2008-04-02 08:45:21 UTC
HI I agree that this was one of the worst choices to abandom the chm
help but this is not true that CG does nothing to improve
the help system.

Please try the new Help Update patch: "February Help Update" it really
improves things.

Waiting for help after pressing F1 is reduced to 5 seconds;) and a lot
of topics have been added.
Beeing a delphi 7 help myself I must say that this help is now in 85%
of what it was earlier ;-)

Once again, try the new update and tell what you think?

Dave Keighan
2008-03-08 16:03:22 UTC
kemal,
Post by kemal
while waiting help.we are going to get a coffee while waiting MS Help
system for delphi.
Have you tried Help-Booster?
http://www.delphipraxis.net/helpbooster.php?lng=en
--