New to Delphi - help system
ikarek
2008-06-27 09:56:31 UTC
Hi, I'm new to Delphi (but have good experience with MS C++/C#).

I have RAD Studio 2007 Delphi trial. From reading this group,
I know that there's something wrong with Delphi's docs, and wanna
ask if my problems can be fixed.

So, in the IDE, I select a component, put it onto form, and then
select that component's property. Then I press F1 for help about
that property - and nothing happens.

I use Firebird database, so want to test the InterBase components
of Delphi. So in the "Tool palette" I select TIBTable and press F1
- to get a message "No help found for TIBTable".

Am I doing it wrong or it simply doesn't work at all?

Thanks
Tiedo Kruisselbrink
2008-07-14 09:50:03 UTC
Post by ikarek
I use Firebird database, so want to test the InterBase components
of Delphi. So in the "Tool palette" I select TIBTable and press F1
- to get a message "No help found for TIBTable".
There are lots of missing items in the current Help. CG are working on
it in frequent help-updates.
What happens if you try this whith f.i. a TEdit?

Tiedo