Teechart help?
Ed
2008-01-10 05:01:28 UTC
Hi,

Can someone point out where the TeeChart help is? I've been trying
to figure out this tchart component and haven't figured out how
to change the bar chart to a pie chart using the IDE.

I select the TChart component on the form and press F1. The
help that comes up is the help for TCustomPanel class, which
*isn't* what I needed.

I'm using RAD2007 Enterprise, which (IIRC) comes with TeeChart v7.x.

Any information appreciated.

Edmund
DJSox
2008-01-10 05:54:55 UTC
Hi Ed,
Sorry I don't know where the help file will be on your system (and I
don't know how to integrate it into the IDE), try looking in the Steema
Folder for a help file you can start by itself. If you have Teechart
properly installed, you should be able to just double click the chart to
bring up the chart editor. To change a series type you will use the Series
Tab of The Chart Tab. Also, right clicking on the chart should give you some
options.

Dan
Edmund
Ed
2008-01-11 04:55:25 UTC
Post by DJSox
Hi Ed,
Sorry I don't know where the help file will be on your system (and I
don't know how to integrate it into the IDE), try looking in the Steema
Folder for a help file you can start by itself. If you have Teechart
properly installed, you should be able to just double click the chart to
bring up the chart editor. To change a series type you will use the Series
Tab of The Chart Tab. Also, right clicking on the chart should give you some
options.
Dan
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info. I am still blindly trying out the options
available, but it's becoming a frustrating experience. I do
have Teechart installed, but it just doesn't come with any
docs whatsoever.

Edmund
DJSox
2008-01-11 05:05:42 UTC
Ed,
Trying going here and asking:
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=b582838178427a91cb5d471e2cbdf64c
it's Steema's support forum, they're very good about answering questions,
and can likely give you links to documentation.

I hope you get it sorted out, because I find TeeChart quite useful and
Version 8 finally is close to a complete feature set for my needs.

Dan
Edmund
Ed
2008-01-11 14:24:48 UTC
Post by DJSox
Ed,
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=b582838178427a91cb5d471e2cbdf64c
it's Steema's support forum, they're very good about answering questions,
and can likely give you links to documentation.
Thanks for the info.
Post by DJSox
I hope you get it sorted out, because I find TeeChart quite useful and
Version 8 finally is close to a complete feature set for my needs.
I do concur. Even though I'm using the Standard edition, it's
not a bad charting suite. I'm considering TeeChart 8 Standard (or
maybe pro) when I next make a purchase.

Ed
Joachim Römke
2008-01-11 23:33:25 UTC
Post by Ed
Can someone point out where the TeeChart help is?
Standalone help for TChart V8 is here:
http://www.steema.com/downloads/dwn_tch_vcl.html
Ed
2008-01-12 00:41:12 UTC
Post by Joachim Römke
Post by Ed
Can someone point out where the TeeChart help is?
http://www.steema.com/downloads/dwn_tch_vcl.html
Thanks Joachim!

Edmund