Help Update 2 not available from Registered Users Page?
Tiedo Kruisselbrink
2008-03-03 13:15:08 UTC
In the Help Update 2 Release Notes (http://dn.codegear.com/print/37542)
I read:
"You can obtain the help update download from the Registered Users Site"

I can't find it. The most recent updates mentioned here are "Help
Update 1" and "December Update".

Thanks, Tiedo
Bob Swart
2008-03-03 16:04:01 UTC
Hi Tiedo,
Post by Tiedo Kruisselbrink
In the Help Update 2 Release Notes (http://dn.codegear.com/print/37542)
"You can obtain the help update download from the Registered Users Site"
You need to start the "Check for Updates" tool to download it.

See http://www.bobswart.nl/Weblog/Blog.aspx?RootId=5:1982
Post by Tiedo Kruisselbrink
Thanks, Tiedo
Groetjes,
Bob Swart
CodeGear Technology Partner -- CodeGear RAD Studio Reseller (BeNeLux)
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
Tiedo Kruisselbrink
2008-03-04 07:11:41 UTC
Post by Bob Swart
Hi Tiedo,
Post by Tiedo Kruisselbrink
In the Help Update 2 Release Notes
"You can obtain the help update download from the Registered Users Site"
You need to start the "Check for Updates" tool to download it.
See http://www.bobswart.nl/Weblog/Blog.aspx?RootId=5:1982
Post by Tiedo Kruisselbrink
Thanks, Tiedo
Groetjes,
Bob Swart
Yes, I know.
When I start "Check for Updates", the update files are downloaded and
saved *somewhere* on my machine. When I want to update other machines,
I have to download it again and again and again....
When the update is available from the registered users page, I only
need to download it once. This was possible with all the previous
updates, and should be possible with Help Update 2, but is not.

Tiedo
Bob Swart
2008-03-04 20:28:41 UTC
Hi Tiedo,
Post by Tiedo Kruisselbrink
When I start "Check for Updates", the update files are downloaded and
saved *somewhere* on my machine.
During the update process, that location is mentioned (and you can
select it, and tell the installer to use existing files).

On my machine, the help update files can be found in c:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Application Data\{BB9698C8-6CDB-4A48-90AB-23351A9EB3D0}

But I also had a directory Rad_Studio_Help_Downloads with the download
contents before the installer worked with them.
Tiedo Kruisselbrink
2008-03-06 06:41:20 UTC
Post by Bob Swart
But I also had a directory Rad_Studio_Help_Downloads with the
download contents before the installer worked with them.
Thanks for the reply.
I eventually started the update-procedure. It asked me where to store
the downloaded files for later use, so everything turns out to be very
easy.

Groetjes terug,
Tiedo